Thursday, September 4, 2014

Homemade Baby Food

You know how some afternoons you just decide you are going to go for it and try your hand at making homemade baby food for the very first time ever?  Yeah, that was me yesterday.


I didn't have a book or anything.  Just some fresh produce and a blender.  Have you ever seen Fresh Produce clothing?  Oh my gosh it is so cute.  And comfortable.  And probably healthy for you to wear.


I added a small amount of water to make my dish blendable and it really worked!


I liked being able to control what went into my baby food.  I did not peel the apples and tossed them in with the seeds.  It was so pretty to see red flecks of apple peel in the food.


After freezing them in the ice tray, I popped them into a freezer bag labeled:
 
September 2014
spinach, apple, banana


So how did the baby like her homemade baby food?


She was all smiles and told me she could not wait to try the Beef Bourguignon.


I'll never forget watching Anna Duggar make homemade green beans for her precious baby.  Boy did I ever think she was a rock-star mama who loved her baby a little more than I loved mine.  I mean, she was feeding her baby real green beans while I was feeding mine Vegetable Turkey Dinner made by some lady named Gerber.
 
I am thankful that I don't have to make my own stuff every single time, but it does bring me joy to serve good things to the people I love.
 
It feels so good to feed the people we love good things doesn't it?
 


Tonight the rest of us are having Pioneer Woman's Calzones for dinner with a spinach salad.  Mwah!