Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Market

We have a new grocery store in town called the Neighborhood Market.  It took me a few times to decide if I liked it or not.  At first, I really did not want to try it.  I hate going to the Super Center.  Like, really, really, really despise having to go inside.  The people are rude, it is busy, it is generally just an unpleasant experience every single time.  When our nice Kroger opened I began shopping there.  It is also busy but the people are so much more friendly which is worth it for me, especially when I am shopping with babies in tow.


I am ready to make an official statement regarding the Market.

I love shopping at this store!

It is so nice.  Here is what I love about it.

It is small.  Small means there is not every imaginable organic option available.  It is less overwhelming for me.  I can get in and out in a jiffy.  The aisles seem shorter than the big Kroger and the Super Center.  I just whip up and down the aisles grabbing what I need.  There have been several times when I was in and out in 23 minutes flat having spent less than $100 for groceries that would last about 5 days.

It is cute inside.  There is a nice and warm feel inside the store.  Some call it new.  It is new but it also has a charming feel.

It is super clean.  I mean, it is immaculate.  And the shelves are always perfectly stocked and lined in neat little perfect rows.  For my fellow OCD friends you will find this aspect of the Market therapeutic. 

They sell Wal-Martish things.  You know what I'm saying?  Toothpaste, shampoo, baby wipes, Benadryl, etc...this means I can have the smaller grocery store experience, the lower prices, and get the things I usually had to go to the Super Center for, all in the convenience of this one stop.

Did I already tell you it is waaaayyyy less crowded than the big grocery stores?  I really am enjoying this factor and have noticed how it takes stress off of me when it is more calm inside the store.

The only cons I have found are regarding the meat situation.  There is no deli at The Market, so it is Oscar Meyer or bust.  I also have a thing with Wal-Mart meat.  As in I don't buy it.  Here is how this is playing out.

I'm going to the Market once a week for the main grocery trip run.  This includes breakfast and lunch fixin's as well the other ingredients for the recipes I'll be making that week.  After about 5 days I go to Kroger for meat, more produce, more milk and bread.  This week we are having left-over Italian Beef Sandwiches, Pioneer Woman Calzone's, Train Wreck, and we're grilling burgers one night.



Here is a picture of my Market trip yesterday.  If you haven't tried it you may want to give it a few shots.  If you are like me it may take a trip or two to really decide how you feel about the Market.  It has officially become my main grocery store and I just absolutely love shopping there!

And to address the elephant in the room-No I do not go get a shake at Chick-fil-A when I am done shopping and sit in an air conditioned van reading a book before I go home.