Thursday, January 22, 2015

Our Delicious Luncheon

Today we had a Heidi inspired lunch together.  Toasted cheese and milk.


We buttered thick slices of freshly cut French bread, topped each piece with mounds of sharp cheddar, and toasted it until the cheese was all golden brown.


We served it up with milk just like they did in the book.


You wanna talk about a little slice of heaven.  There was barely any talking around the table as we enjoyed the heck out of our delicious little luncheon.


I'm working on a little something.  This morning as I was working on our menu for the week I got to thinking...every week I reinvent the wheel.  I basically cook the same things over and over and yet every week I stare at my blank shopping list having to wrack my brain to decide what should be placed on the menu for the week.

Still not sure what I'm going to do about this, but I am starting with a plain list of our favorite dishes.  It makes all the sense in the world that I'd put together some master lists so that planning doesn't take me so long.

I know.  Sometimes I'm even blown away at the sheer genius.