Monday, January 26, 2015

What Did I Keep?

My first Stitch Fix arrived this week and oh what a fun experience it was!

It definitely accomplished my biggest goal.  It got me to try on pieces I never would have chosen at the store.

Choosing what to keep was hard for me.  I adored the pair of trouser jeans they sent me.  The problem was, they were a little too big.  I loved them so much and wore them around the house for over an hour, but in the end, I kept having to pull them up and they were just a little saggy looking. 

The jeans did confirm something for me though.  They were a nice pair of jeans and they felt AMAZING.  Oh my stars, they were so comfortable.  They also showed me that trouser jeans are a missing link in my 40 hanger closet.  It was eye opening to see how many outfits I could create from that one pair of dressier jeans.  They were a lightweight denim suitable for year round wear.  They looked cute with sandals, heels and flats.

Then there was the blue shirt.  Oh how I loved the blue shirt.  It was pretty and comfortable, BUT.  It made me feel like a Southern Baptist version of Madonna and in the end I just didn't feel like I could pull it off.


Why oh why must I be cursed with such conservative pearl prone tendencies?


It was super cute but I just could not bring myself to do the buttons, and for the bigger price tag, it needed to be a perfect fit for me.  It was $68 and that is why I just couldn't keep it.  Sadness :(.  Isn't it the cutest though?  If it would have been more affordable, I TOTALLY would have kept it.  The cut/style/color were good, so I will keep an eye out for things along these lines.  Please tell me there are other pretty shirts in the sea.


This is the piece I ended up keeping.  The Laila Jayde Dolman (mine is a charcoal grey color).  This is exactly the type of thing I was looking for.  It is perfect because the fabric felt so good.  It is a simple and versatile piece that is not going to go out of style next year.  It looked good with black pants, jeans and my white linen pants.  Scarves and jewelry will transform the look of this shirt. That is what I call a perfect addition to the closet.  Win Win Win.


It was helpful to be able to try on in my own home.  Don't you just hate it when you try on clothes in the store, get home, take a look in the mirror, and realize it looks all wrong in real life?  Being able to try on at home allowed me to sit on my couch wearing the clothes.  It allowed me to pair my shirts and shoes with the items to see how they fit into my current wardrobe.

Three of the five pieces they sent, I loved.  Only one was a perfect fit, so that is what I went with.  In my notes to my stylist, I asked them to please send another shirt and pair of jeans like the ones I sent back.  My next fix will come in a month because I asked for another pair of jeans to try.  I'll keep you posted.

Here is a link to my referral if you are interested in trying a Fix for yourself.

And I want to give a shout out to all my fun Facebook friends.  Man, y'all are so much fun!  Now, let's get back to talking about food, shall we?